Blog / FAQs
One of the most common use of the Collapsible Jerry Can is for scientific purpose. It can be used for collection of sea water for breeding of marine life, growing of algae, collection of experiment waste and so on. Polytechnic and University research projects have repeatedly place orders with us.
Reasons why collapsible Jerry Cans are so suitable for scientific purposes?
- Transparent – you can definitely see what you’re collecting, no one wants to collect samples that will contaminate their experiment
- Collapsible – when you don’t need them they can be safely compressed and put in the small corner of the lab, instead of the conventional hard case Jerry Can that takes up tons of space.
- Withstand reasonable abuse – As long as you don’t pierce it with anything sharp, it will still hold water. It can withstand being thrown around
- Comes with pouring tube – Unlike the hard case Jerry Can, you don’t need to purchase additional pouring adapter. So that’s savings for you
- Out of sight – you don’t want to look like you’re running a chemical or cooking oil business in a lab.
- Not stack-able – since it’s flexible, you cannot stock like
- Not totally waterproof – similar to conventional Jerry Can, they will leak when it’s not upright
- Cap will need to be super tight to be waterproof – make sure you tighten the cap REALLY tight
- Limited life – because it’s flexible, it will experience common plastic disintegration in tropical climate.
Which capacity should I get?
Trust me! Get the 10 Litres version of the Collapsible Jerry Can! Because 20 Litres version will be too heavy for most people to carry. You don’t want to twist your ankle or dirty your t-shirt when you carry the 20 Litres version.
All the best to your scientific research!